Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy New Year

Hi all

Happy New Year.

I know its almost the end of January - but apart from being suprisingly busy I've spent a lot of time this month mentally taking stock of my goals for this year.

As part of my goals, I've decided to be more dilligent in my blogging efforts and really try and add some value to the InfoSec community. I'm hoping to cater to three specific areas:
1) people who are interested in information security but as outsiders to the profession (ranging from home users, to corporates to power users),
2) people wanting to break into the security industry,
3) people already working in the InfoSec industry and hopefully share information on a peer-to-peer level.

One thing I learned about writing many moons ago is that you must know your target audience. I don't expect to crack all three in a single blog post typically, but hopefully, I can hit all three within a given month. :)

With that said as a stated goal, I hope to reach more people and share my thoughts and hopefully inspire others along the way.

Best wishes.

- Jarrod

No comments: