Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mandatory Reading

Hi all

Occasionally you read a book that flips you on your head and gives you a unique spin on things. I've just found two books that fit the bill:

'Security Metrics' by Andrew Jaquith
'Beautiful Security' by Andy Oram, John Viega

I've almost finished Security Metrics and just started reading spot chapters from Beautiful Security. I fully intend on writing reviews here for both shortly but please don't wait for my review.

I strongly recommend you read these books. I am finding both fascinating reads and I can assure you that these will give you new insights and add real value to your work.

- J.

2 comments:

Serg said...

Read them both, not too bad... I am firmly of an opinion that, at least in IT, security is common sense - some just have less than others.

Don't forget to check out the website for Security Metrics: http://www.securitymetrics.org/content/Wiki.jsp.

Cheers.

Jarrod said...

"That's the funny thing about common sense - it's not that common."

- J.